Lake Macquarie Rowing Club (LMRC) is a community based rowing club, incorporated since 1987, that operates all year round from our
Club house at First St, Booragul, near the Art Gallery & Awaba House - Map.
LMRC attracts a diverse membership including school children, seniors, & Masters rowers. LMRC enjoys great success at the
local level with many of our rowers also successfully competing at State, National, and International levels.
Our social members also enjoy the fitness & camaraderie that rowing engenders as well as our local dolphin family on many
early morning rows.
Club News 2019-20 Season
The Lake Mac Rowing Club are looking forward to welcoming all rowers and supporters to our Annual Regatta on Saturday February 1 at Berry Park.
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the CDRA Sprints, we had some impressive results.
Thank you once again to Wayne Diemar and the BRO's for their efforts officiating during the day and to Elissa Roberts and Raylee Ison for towing the trailer to Throsby Creek.
Without their efforts we would not be able to to compete. Rob Campbell, President LMRC
The following competitors gained medals at the regatta:
- CMM4x – Peter Armstrong, Peter Stievenard, Robert Wallace, Bruce Sharp
- MC2x – Stuart Boyd, Jeremy Smith
- WD4x – Stephanie Ayres, Penny Hunter, Jane Ferguson-Palmer, Sue Diemar
- WD4x – Jane Goddard, Lisa Greissl, Raylee Ison, Katrina Logan
- CMM1x – Peter Armstrong
- CMM1x - Peter Stievenard
- CWM2x – Jane Ferguson-Palmer, Sue Diemar
- CWM2x – Jane Goddard, Lisa Greissl
- WD1x – Louise Turmine
- CWM4x – Jane Goddard, Lisa Greissl, Raylee Ison, Katrina Logan
- WD2x – Louise Turmine, Joy Millen
- CWM1x – Jane Ferguson-Palmer
- CMM2x - Bruce Sharp, Robert Wallace
- CMM2x - Peter Armstrong, Peter Stievenard
- CMM2x - Stuart Boyd, Jeremy Smith
LMRC Derby Day
Our second Derby Day on the beautiful shores of Lake Macquarie was great success. Thank you to the crews and helpers for support on the day.
The spoils of the day went to Uni No2 crew followed by Uni 1 and Brisbane Water.
New Season Membership and Renewals
The Committee look forward to seeing you again this 2019 -20 season.
New membership forms for both RNSW and LMRC as well as renewals and boat storage forms can all be found on our Forms page, or via the following link.
We had a good turnout for our Presentation Night and it was pleasing to see some new faces receive an award.
A smaller turnout than usual for our Annual AGM but luckily all previous committee members were re-elected and fees are to stay the same for the 2019-20 season.
Rob announcing Club person of the Year
NSW State Masters
We had very successful results at the NSW Masters Championships held at SIRC recently. Lake Macquarie Rowing Club was placed 12th out
of 35 competing clubs in the medal tally, with 9.5 medals won, 3.75 gold, 5 silver and .75 bronze. This was an outstanding result
considering the size of our club. Congratulations to everyone who competed.
Thanks must also go to Jeremy Smith and Peter Stievenard for towing the two trailers down to Sydney and to Wal and Wayne Diemar
for their efforts loading and unloading the trailer. Also many thanks to Ray Beeton for his tireless work getting the boats race
ready, this was a massive task considering the damage gained at the CDRA Championships in Taree.
LMRC Inaugural Derby Day
Want to try something different, competition wise? Win prize money instead of medals, where doubles and quads are provide. Then
put together your team ( max of 8) and join us on beautiful Lake Macquarie for our inaugural Derby event. For further information,
contact our Club Captain, Ann on 0434 734 385.
Taree CDRA Championships
It certainly was an eventful weekend. A big thank you to everyone who helped with the loading and unloading before and after the
regatta. It was great to get the boats back to the shed and to check for any damage sustained during the storm. We came through
the drama relatively well and it was due to the work of several of our members who secured as many boats as possible on the
trailers prior to the storm and who stayed out in the firing line during the storm checking the boats, certainly at their own
peril. Apologies if I have missed anyone, but massive thanks to Wal, Bruce, Stuart and Jeremy for their efforts at the trailer
during the storm.
Also many thanks to Louis and Wayne, Lisa and Tony and Wal for towing the trailers to and from the regatta. Our BROs did a
great job once again and thank you to Ian and Wayne for their efforts.
Our members performed extremely well in the events that were able to run. Congratulations to Stephanie Ayres, Charlotte Ferry,
Katrina Logan and Fran Kelleher for their first win as a quad combination and to Stuart Boyd and Tracy Nyman for their first
win as a doubles combination.
We have offered our support to Manning Rowing Club and to Newcastle Grammar School, who lost many boats and hopefully all clubs can get organised to be
able to complete the final regattas for the season. - Ann Campbell, Club Captain
Check it out - we're on Instagram
- Medals were gained by the following crews
- WS10004x – Steph Ayres, Charlotte Ferry, Katrina Logan, Fran Kelleher
- MS10002x – Jeremy Smith, Stuart Boyd
- MixM2x – Tracy Nyman, Stuart Boyd
- Mix M2x – Peter Armstrong, Ann Campbell
An easy way to keep up to date with our latest photos, especially if you're not on Facebook.
Also check out the excellent video that Newcastle Video Solutions put together about the Taree Summer Regatta. You Tube link
See our Instagram link under Connect With Us
Taree Summer Regatta
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Taree Summer Regatta. It was a huge regatta with 606 entries, 1235
entries and 3134 seats. Competition was at an extremely high standard and our members equipped themselves extremely well.
We transported a total of 21 boats to Taree on our two trailers. Many thanks to Louis and Lisa and Tony for towing the trailers to the regatta and to Wayne
and Steve for accompanying Louis on the journey. Also thankyou to Ian and Wayne for helping out as BROs over the weekend. Finally it is
a mammoth effort to load and unload all these boats and the efforts of those members who helped with these tasks are greatly appreciated
Crews who gained medals included: MM1X - Bruce Sharp MM2X - Peter Armstrong, Peter Stievenard WM4X - Chris Brennan, Kristen Wiltshire,
Nerrida Clinton, Ann Campbell
Steve trying to keep cool despite the hot conditions
A visit from The Calgary Rowing Club
Simon visited LMRC this weekend and was taken for a row from some of our members - pictured. He will take home new ideas
and friendships from one short meeting.... the camaraderie of rowers worldwide.
From Simon... On behalf of all of us at the Calgary Rowing Club (CRC) I extend a Big Thank You for your warm hospitality and for making
me feel so welcome. Perhaps we can return the favour to you and your members sometime in the very near future.
Sincerely, Simon Billo
Simon with Ray, Bruce and Sue
Seeking BRO Trainees
To supplement our current team of Boat Race Officials or BROs, the club is seeking additional volunteers to train up. As a member of Central
Districts Rowing Association (CDRA) we are obliged to provide Boat Race Officials (BRO’s) to help out at Regattas hosted by any of
the CDRA clubs. If you can assist then please contact myself or one of the committee. Regards Robert Campbell
A reminder of a few simple rules to be followed when bringing your boat into shore. First of all: If the shore-line, or just off-shore,
is busy with boats going out onto the lake, as it usually is on Saturday mornings, please keep well away from the shore; at least 200
-300 metres or more; and secondly, when coming into land in these situations, row over towards the moored boats and then approach the
club from a westerly direction.RC.
Our season’s membership
The new season is well underway and we are attempting to reconcile our season’s membership. Could you please advise us if you intend to
rejoin. Regards Robert Campbell
NSW State Regatta 26 May 2018
Congratulations to everyone who attended the State Masters Regatta at SIRC. Lake Macquarie Rowing Club came ninth out of thirty two clubs
in the medal tally, a wonderful achievement for a regional club. Results here
Congratulations to the following medal winners NSW State Regatta
- Peter Armstrong – Gold MMH2x, Gold Mix D-F 4x, Gold Mix G-K 4x, Gold Mix D-F 2x, Silver MMF4x, Silver MMG1x
- Bruce Sharp – Gold MM1X, Gold MMH2x, Gold MixG-K 4x, Silver MMF4x, Silver MMG2
- Kristen Wiltshire – Gold WMF4-, Gold WMF4x, Gold MixG-K 4x, Silver WMF2x, Silver WMD4-
- Chris Brennan – Gold WMF1x, Gold WMF4x, Gold Mix D-F 4x, Silver WMF2x
- Ann Campbell – Gold WMF4-, Gold WMF4x, Gold Mix D-F 4x, Gold Mix D-F 2x
- Nerrida Clinton - Gold WMF4x, Gold MixG-K 4x
- Jeremy Smith – Gold Mix D-F 4x, Silver MMF4x
- Robert Wallace – Silver MMF4x, Silver MMG2x
- Fran Kelleher – Silver WMH2x
- Trevor Shiels – Bronze MMC1x
- Jeremy Smith – Gold Mix D-F 4x, Silver MMF4x
- Jane Ferguson-Palmer – Bronze WMC4x
- Sue Diemar - Bronze WMC4x
- Natalie Meisenhelter - Bronze WMC4x
- Amanda Patton - Bronze WMC4x
Nationals 10th May 2018
The weather was crisp but luckily we only had rain on the first day with all enjoying the experience and location.
Lake Macquarie Rowing Club was very successful being placed 33rd out of 93 clubs. A great effort considering we only had eight
members competing. Medal winners included:
Congratulations to the following medal winners
- Chris Brennan – Bronze Medal in WF1x, Bronze Medal in WF2x, Gold Medal in MixE2x, Gold Medal in Mix F-G4x
- Peter Armstrong – Gold Medal in MG4x, Bronze Medal in MF4x, Gold Medal in Mix F-G4x, Bronze Medal in Mix F-G2x
- Kristen Wiltshire – Bronze Medal in WF2x
- Chris Brennan – Gold WMF1x, Gold WMF4x, Gold Mix D-F 4x, Silver WMF2x
- Ann Campbell – Gold Medal in Mix F-G4x, Bronze Medal in MixF-G2x
- Jeanette Beeton - Silver Medal in WH-L2x
LMRC Regatta 3 Feb
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to make our regatta a success at the weekend. It was great to see everyone
helping out during our regatta and working as a team to get boats loaded and unloaded efficiently.
In addition, our competitors were most successful over the two days of racing. A big congratulation to Lisa Greissl and Deborah Summer
who gained their first medal, a silver, in the WS10002x on Saturday and to our junior boys, Max Weinzerl, Louis Travers and Ben
Roberts who gained a gold medal in the MD4x and to Ben who gained a gold medal in the MD2x on Sunday. These rowers have only been
competing for a short period of time and it is wonderful to see them gaining medals.
The following rowers gained gold medals: LMRC Regatta 3 Feb
Endeavour Regatta 4 Feb
- MC4x-Stuart Boyd, Greg Evans, Stephen Meisenhelter, Mark P.
- Bruce Sharp – Gold MM1X, Gold MMH2x, Gold MixG-K 4x, Silver MMF4x, Silver MMG2x
- MixM2x-Peter Armstrong, Ann Campbell
- WD4x-Joy Millen, Tracy Nyman, Laurice Saunders, Louise Turmine
- MS10001x-Jeremy Smith
- MD2x-Ben Roberts
- WM2x-Chris Brennan, Kristen Wiltshire
- MS10002-Lucas McBeath
- MD4x-Max Weinzerl, Louis Travers, Ben Roberts
- WM4x-Nerrida Clinton, Chris Brennan, Kristen Wiltshire, Ann Campbell
Taree Summer Regatta 12-14 Jan
A massive turn out of competitors for this popular Summer regatta. Results here CDRA Sprint Championships 26 Nov, Throsby Creek
It was a gorgeous day despite some gusty winds later in the afternoon. The buzz of the race cars was only just noticeable but the nearby
helicopter got a good workout ferrying a constant stream of customers for a bird's-eye view over the race.
to the following gold medal rowers:
Port Macquarie Regatta 21 Oct
- MC2x-Jeremy Smith and Peter Armstrong
- CMM1x-Peter Armstrong
- WD1x-Louise Turmine
- MC4x-Jeremy Smith, Peter Armstrong, Greg Evans & Stephen Meisenhelter
Louise was our lone representative at the recent Port Macquarie Rowing Regatta, coming second in the WM 1x, Women's Masters single.
A shout out to Endeavour Rowing Club for accommodating Louise's single on their trailer.
We are self-funded by membership contributions and fundraising activities so we rely heavily on the generosity of our patrons. If you
would like to become a Corporate Sponsor please download the
Sponsorship Opportunities flyer here.